The mission of the Apple Valley Police Department is to "Protect our Community and Improve Quality of Life Through Service, Education, and Enforcement."
Our organization takes pride in providing the highest quality police services to our citizens and businesses. Learn more about the Apple Valley Police.
Submit a Police Report Online
File a police report online using our E-Report system. For emergencies, please dial 911 immediately as this system is not monitored 24 hours a day. File an E- Report.
Ask the Chief
Would you like to ask the Chief a question? Ask the Chief by email. Your email will be viewed during normal business hours.
Get in Touch
Want to compliment our officers for their great work? Interested in learning more about our department? Have crime tips you would like to pass along to us? Send us an email.
The appropriate staff member will return your email during normal business hours. Please contact Dakota 911 to report crimes in progress or request a police response.
NEW Police Podcast
Check out our Buzz with the Fuzz police podcast hosted by Apple Valley Police officers as they discuss popular police topics and give behind-the-scenes insight and news.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click the tabs below to find answers to frequently asked questions.
Minnesota Statute and Minnesota Board of Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) rules require all Minnesota law enforcement agencies to adopt 15 model policies. The agency's policy must be identical or substantially similar to the POST model policy. An additional three policies are mandated if they apply to the organization.
Our department has 14 mandated policies published below. In two instances the required policy language is contained within one singular policy:
- Professional Conduct of Officers and Avoiding Racial Profiling are contained in Chapter 7, Rules of Conduct.
- Vehicle Pursuit/Emergency Vehicle Operations and Lighting Exemption of Law Enforcement Vehicles are located in Chapter 9, Use of Vehicles.
View Our Policies
- Predatory Offender Registration-Community Notification
- Public Assembly First Amendment Rights
- Domestic Abuse Response
- Response to Reports of Sexual Assault
- Body Worn Recording System
- Show-ups, Photographic Identifications, and Lineups
- Response to Reports of Missing Persons
- Use of Confidential Informants
- Seizure and Forfeiture of Vehicles or Property Associated with Certain Offenses
- School Bus Incident Reporting
- Rules of Conduct
- Use of Vehicles
- Use of Force
Chief of Police
7100 147th St. W.
Apple Valley, MN 55124
Regular Business Hours
8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Office: (952) 953-2700
Fax: (952) 953-2733
Emergencies: Dial 911
Non-Emergencies: (952) 322-2323
Includes Police and Animal Control. If the office phone is not answered, please call the Non-Emergency number.
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter