Community Development / Planning Department
The Community Development and Planning Department is responsible for:
- Economic development initiatives
- Administering and enforcing various sections of the City Code including the zoning code, subdivision ordinance, and sign regulations
- Reviewing and managing development proposals, zoning cases, subdivision plats, site plan review, ordinance amendments, conditional use permits, interim use permits, and variances
- Code enforcement
- Preparation and implementation of the city’s comprehensive plan
- Administering and monitoring various state and federal grant applications
- Addressing and mapping
- Responding to information requests from residents, local business owners, and developers
- Administering housing and redevelopment programs
- Providing professional advice, technical expertise and information support to other city departments, City Council, and committees
- Providing staff support for the City Council, Economic Development Authority, Planning Commission, Urban Affairs Committee, and other committees
Fischer Sand and Gravel 2016 AUAR
Fischer Sand and Aggregate, LLP Updated AUAR and Mitigation Plan – Please note that this program works best in Chrome or Firefox
Outdoor storage and accumulation of materials, equipment, and other miscellaneous items on private property is undesirable for a number of reasons. In addition to being undesirable such conditions are not consistent with City ordinance requirements. Read on...
It’s that time of year again for many to be in the yard raking, collecting, and disposing of leaves. How can yard waste material be disposed of properly? Trash haulers do collect yard waste at the curb, but other disposal options are available! Read on...
Obstructions, of various forms, in the public right of way are becoming more commonplace. Please remember, though, that the right of way is intended for public use and obstructions should be removed to accommodate ordinary use. Read on...