Community Development / Planning Department
The Community Development and Planning Department is responsible for:
- Economic development initiatives
- Administering and enforcing various sections of the City Code including the zoning code, subdivision ordinance, and sign regulations
- Reviewing and managing development proposals, zoning cases, subdivision plats, site plan review, ordinance amendments, conditional use permits, interim use permits, and variances
- Code enforcement
- Preparation and implementation of the city’s comprehensive plan
- Administering and monitoring various state and federal grant applications
- Addressing and mapping
- Responding to information requests from residents, local business owners, and developers
- Administering housing and redevelopment programs
- Providing professional advice, technical expertise and information support to other city departments, City Council, and committees
- Providing staff support for the City Council, Economic Development Authority, Planning Commission, Urban Affairs Committee, and other committees
Rockport, LLC AUAR
Backyard pools are a great way to find relief from the summer heat, but they can also pose a safety hazard when access is not properly restricted. Perimeter barriers must be in place and maintained to restrict unintended access to the pool. Read on...
Spring and summer are a great time to complete home improvement projects around the house. Protecting exterior wood surfaces like decks or fences from the elements such as wind, rain, and sun increases their longevity and can look great! Read on...
Obstructions in the public right of way can interfere with many ordinary uses that we all depend on. Public streets, sidewalks, and boulevard areas should be kept free of obstructions and accommodating to ordinary use. Read on...